Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Trip to Pune - 1 - On way to Pune

At first, my tickets were booked for 8th May. All eager to reach back more for the vacation, I reach airport only to see the flight getting delay at first by an hr and finally by 3 hours. Airline helpdesk told that I would not be able to make my onward journey so I have rescheduled for 9th May...

Day Two or rather “Take 2” hoping this be the day I be able to travel, I reach and once again the flight that was on time ended up 4 hrs late, but lucky my onward flight had 6hrs transit period. During that time I befriend a German woman who was in her 70s we were talking as if we know each other from some time. Her name was 'Astha' I said in Hindi it means belief....

In my onward from Frankfurt to Mumbai I met this guy who was a Brazilian but was living in Canada, travelling to Gujarat (India) for two weeks official work....
As it is not that comfortable to sit in economy class unless I bet you are not travelling in Business class, so I prefer standing end of the aisle, he too was one with same thought... So half of the journey we were chit chatting while standing at the end of aisle.
He was working on conveyer belt maintenance so for work related he had to travel a lot overseas.
He mentioned one things "that during all this trip he missed his wife and family" (now I guess I am able to correlate that what he felt).

So finally, after cancelation and multiple delays I reach Mumbai....
Reaching Mumbai felt very nice about to meet my family and Manu after exact six months.
At that moment, I was not sure what is in store next 20 days of my stay in Pune....

No comments: