Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Why you should wake up with a smile...


Sometime you start you day a bit wrong... And you see a domino effect...

I am attending a 6 week training session which starts at 7:30am --- 9:00am

When I got the calendar invite I was simply looking at the time for couple of minute, as the time make me of no where why so....

If I have to attend session from home I would end up catching 9:15 bus (and swear by god, the bus takes the longest possible route not sure who designed the route-map) it would only reach office by 10:30am which is a bit late.
Good God  I miss my India office timing, as we had flexible timing, and I make sure to stretch it to the most by reaching office only at 11:00am but my day generally ends only by 8:30pm.
As I do not have similar liberty, I intended to leave home by 6:40am to have a early to start office day by 7:30.

This is what happened my morning unfolded…

  • Today morning I was really lazy to get up by 6:00, somehow I managed to drag myself out by 6:10....
  • We usually have a 6:30 am Tuesday status call, i dialed in only to hear the soothing Beethoven (I wish they played Morning Raga 'Bhairavi' and the weather is best suited for bike ride from Pune to Lonavala as it foggy and we have dark clouds looming around)
  • The morning call got rescheduled only at 2:30am and my no means I would be reading that emails, I got to know only after waiting for 10 minutes hoping someone would join.
  • The Bus lane is a single lane route, which assures that 95% of the time we will reach New York faster, but today it happened to be in the elite 5% as had a bus disabled on that lane...
  •  Finally, at 7:15am we received an email ‘Today’s Session Cancelled’ and I only had to say ‘Good’ as I reached office only at 8:00.


After all this minor morning hiccups what do I take back....

  • Of-course a blog post
  • Next time when you don't feel like getting up from bed, please don't get up :-0
  • More realistic one, put up a smiley face and say 'The day would be just amazing and easy'
I bet this three mantra would work better for me'

No comments: