Monday, July 13, 2009

My friends...

Back during our school day, I guess all would have written an essay / letter “My best friend”, it was the funniest moment, when we all were asked to write an essay / letter during our writing session in school, and once we were done, we all had to read out loud and clear (our class teacher tricked us by not mention the reading part in the beginning).

And this is what usually will happen with all, when I had to read my essay I would start with “Sandeep is my best friend…”, and later when Sandeep had to read he would typically start …. “Amol is my best friend”… and so on… by the end of the class we can see a chain of best friend would have formed, Thanks to the essay writing exercise… half of the call would be divided in fighting saying that “I assumed you to as my best friend… but you took his name” and blah blah blah…

But the interesting part would be how the best friend cycle do continue in our life and… as time passes by… one get friend rot many person at a certain point our bets friend list so keep on getting small… where as we all keep on going gaga about the technological development, that would have become small, we can reach out and talk to any body at any point of time… I do not have to write those postal letters which would take weeks to deliver and to get a respond back another couple of weeks… its like sending a greeting during Dipawali and getting the reply back for Christmas.

But I feel the reaction is opposite… as the would is getting small so are our friend list getting small, and we do spend lesser amount of time in meeting people in person…

To mention… one of my friend who was my colleague, whom I have not met in last 3+ years… and we were not in contact(other then the occasional email forwards and messages) till 6 months back and today, there are time when we do spend… 3 to 4 hours at a stretch in talking…
Things which I wish and I hope I be able to do is, meet up with my friends or the people whom I know frequently in person, as human is a social animal…he had to be in the know list

Cheers to my entire friend, who have long gone...


This where best friends, I loved their humor.
The best would be where you do not have to gift anything... to you best friend... only a hug or a greeting would do all the trick
(Click on the image to read the comic strip)



One more on the turf... when you are with your best friend... you really do not have to speak... at time silence do speak more.... :-0

1 comment:

Anup said...

yeah...we tend to keep losing old friends as we move ahead in life. It happens with all of us...and that's life...